Living in New England has its advantages like the Patriots going to the Super Bowl almost every year!
The only problem with that is if you are hosting big game parties every year, your menu may be getting a bit stale. How many times can you serve up seven-layer dip right?
Ordering food out is also kind of lame as you wait for a dozen pizzas to arrive. Break out of the box a bit this year and introduce some new eats to your guests.
The following Super Bowl suggestions come from FoodNetwork.com and just may tantalize your taste buds:
1. Guacamole is always a staple on the table but try this zippier version for a little more pizzazz!
2. If you’d like to break away from your habit of making your “World Famous Buffalo Chicken dip…try this recipe for “Hot Crab Dip!”
3. Instead of the platter of chicken wings, try this recipe for Bobby Flay’s “Sliders with Chipotle Mayonnaise.” Sure it may be a bit more ambitious but your guests will be floored!
4. This recipe is for the more adventurous stove warrior, but it will beat your average crock pot chili hands down and you’ll have everyone asking for the recipe for Bobby Flay’s “Beef and Black Bean Chili with Toasted Cumin Crema and Avocado Relish!”
5. Nachos are another table staple for the big game but, to be honest, anyone can serve up your run of the mill ground beef nachos…the trick is spice up the type of meat. Chorizo is a fantastic choice to put a different spin on your nachos…you can also substitute different types of chips you can use as well. Pita chips are a good choice as they don’t get soggy like tortilla chips can.
Don’t forget your Reynolds Wrap ‘Hunger Harness’ for all these delicious foods!